Board of Directors
The Las Vegas Chapter of AFP Board of Directors consists of members designed to work together to promote and advance the profession of philanthropy in our geographic area. Each board position has a specific area of responsibility and all are encouraged to work together to achieve the chapter's goals. Members are elected annually at the Chapter's annual meeting held in October. Member of the Board of Directors must be current active members of AFP.
2015 Las Vegas AFP Board of Directors
- Jon Guy, CFRE – President, 702-443-7588
- Anne Browne – President Elect, 702-339-1594
- Carol Hollatz – Treasurer, 702-860-3913
- David VanZanten – Secretary, 702-243-5401
- Gwen Bowen-Paxon - Chair, Be the Cause, 973-668-6545
- Clay Buck - Chair, Membership, 702-373-4869
- Michael Dimengo - Chair, Educational Programs, 702-802-5409
- Brenda Griego, CFRE - Chair, Scholarships (Past President 2013 & 2014), 702-810-6187
- Phil Hooper - Chair, Diversity and Inclussion, 702-540-2004
- Caleen Johnson, CFRE - Chair, Mentorships (Past President 2006), 702-501-4410
- April Mastroluca - Chair, Public Affairs, 702-286-8568
- Russ Raker, ACFRE - Chair, Ethics (Past President 2010), 702-412-7416
- Alexandra Silver, Chair, Social Media Marketing, 702-688-2796
- Susan Somers - Chair, Public Relations, 702-249-9900
- Stacy Wedding - Chair, NPD Awards (Past President 2007), 702-281-4725
- Sylvia Wolf - Chair, Marketing (Past President 2012), 702-540-5455
- Lucy Klinkhammer - Past President, 2001, 702-285-0660
- Russ Kost, CFRE - Past President, 1996, 702-895-3641
Specifically, each director shall:
- Be an active AFP member in good standing.
- Represent AFP Las Vegas professionally and ethically.
- Endeavor to attend all board of directors meetings.
- Assist in the securing of speakers for Chapter educational programs.
- Mentor a new fundraising professional as feasible.
- Prepare a written report for the board of directors meetings.
- Submit written reports when unable to attend a board of directors meeting.
- Recruit committee members willing to actively serve and to mentor new members.
- Make a personal financial commitment to the AFP Foundation and the Las Vegas AFP Chapter and encourage committee members to make a commitment.
- Provide committee members with a copy of responsibilities and timeline, and inform committee members in areas of general chapter procedures and policies.
- Hold meetings as needed with committee members to focus on planning and evaluating all events and projects.
- Help secure sponsorships for educational programs and Philanthropy Day.